Image Capture and Playback

9:14 AM Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
So finally some non-party related news.
The most exciting is I'd like to welcome my mp3 player and camera back into my life. Hey guys! I missed you both so much. Where have you been? What the fuck have you been up to? and why have you left me so alone for so long! SO ALONE
ALONE AND COLD
...
IN THE DARK

The mp3 player became unusable when I lost its docking plug thing. I had all the various cables for it. TO connect to power, to connect to the computer, to connect with reality but NO. Without the docking plug they are all useless.


I tried shopping for a new one and basically the only possible solution was ebay.
None of the major chains carry more than 2 or 3 Creative related accessories and they will of course be for the latest player. If they carry any creative at all. Asking them to order something in is like asking for them to sell me black market baby limbs. So ebay was my only option and there wasn't much available. All were from hong kong and seemed like quite dodgy stores and Id have to buy a large bundle containing all the other accessories I already have. So it was just sitting on my desk waiting for some kind of salvation. I hoped that when I moved the plug would be discovered but as I packed my hopes grew dimmer.

The camera had a similar problem, it also requires a dock for you to connect the power and usb connection to. In this case I had the dock, and I had the USB cable but I didn't have the power cord. Unlike some other devices the camera wont charge through the usb cable it has to be connected to the mains to recharge.


It took me a while to find the power cable and when I did I figured everything would be fine.
I charged it and nope, no response.
Over the next few months I tried various other things and would occasionally get 5 to 10 minutes of life out of it before it died again. I didn't think it was a hardware problem it just seemed like it didn't have any power.

Then in the week before I moved I found another cable, identical to the power cable Id been using for the camera. So I tried this one instead and it worked like a dream. It took three days to fully charge which Ive never seen it do before. I'm not sure what the other cable is from but it must be the same wattage or something and it just wasn't compatible despite all signs pointing to yes. Or maybe the cable itself is faulty. Either way I got my camera back and it once again is traveling everywhere I go.

The MP3 player had an even easier solution. I found the docking plug. It wasn't buried somewhere in my room, it turns out it was at my parents house all along. I must have left it next to my dads computer and he bundled it up with other miscellaneous cables and plugs and stashed it in a drawer. I stumbled across it while looking for stereo cable.

So welcome back my friends, my daily travels are once again multimedia friendly.

No comments: