Saturday and Limelight

10:28 AM Posted In , Edit This 0 Comments »
I failed at Saturday night. There was multiple things I should have been going to. I did none of them. Well that's not quite true, I went to a birthday dinner in the early evening that was pretty great. The food was very good, the conversation very entertaining and the birthday girl seemed to be having a fantastic time while rocking a great new hairdo.

I had planned my next move to be to Crispy's Mountain Run. With his beloved baby car and a few friends. We would hit guitar hero first and then go for a ride on a beautiful drive or two. Then I was going to see if the House of H still had conscious inhabitants, however, I was feeling overfull and distinctly less social than when I began the evening. When we finished up I found Crispy was off collecting people for later and The House of H wasn't responding so I went straight home with the intention of heading back out when I had a direction to head in. Which I didn't do, I curled up in bed instead. I didn't even start reading the book I had just collected.

Post big party blues? Perhaps.
I've taken a couple of large emotional punches this week so it might just be the reaction to that taking over. Either way; I achieved nothing, I visited no-one and did naught. Saturday nights are not intended to be spent this way, it's against the natural order.

Friday night was different. I went to a gig that contained only local bands and some of my favourites. They were all great as was the whole night.
Sirinival have a lot of potential. Dark Psychedelia is probably the best description I can give. Listen to "Not to know do you dont"

SkyPi are a hell of a lot of fun. Its infectious. They only have the one song up there but its a good one.
View photos from their set here


The Kidney Thieves. The first time I saw these guys I immediately went and bought their EP. That was a few years ago and they have grown and improved by enormous leaps and bounds. Listen to Bolshevik Vinegar.
View photos from their set here

Arcane's new music is epic and wonderful. It was the first time they had played any of it live and I think one day we may all boast about being there for its unveiling. You can listen to a teaser on the myspace.
View photos from their set here

As you may have noticed I've been playing around with the layout and content here. I think I've finally settled on this style now. I'll only have one post displayed at a time so if you miss things theres the archive list to go through. Or if your subscribing via RSS then it wont bother you at all. Since I also post a lot of content here that doesnt go through the RSS I've concocted a way to make it feed-able. All my web 2.0 type gadgets like the Wists (my internet wishlist), Flickr(photos), Twitter (micro blogging), and Digg (social bookmarking) all now automatically post in my Tumblr. All collected into the one stream, as it were. Ive got the Tumblr feed now displaying on the side of the blog here or you can also subscribe via RSS.

Subscribe to the blog here
Subscribe to the tumblr here

No comments: